About LGBT+ Voices Dorset Forum
What We Do
We are a space explicitly and unequivocally inclusive of all gender, sexual and romantic diverse people, working to improve their equality and inclusion across Dorset, including Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. We do this by working in partnership with communities and organisations and sharing discussion and best practice.
- We are here to improve equality for our LGBT+ community by bringing people together with a passion and commitment to changing our society for the better.
- We work to find and solidify the similarities between communities and erase the justification of ‘otherness’ for isolation and hate, while advocating for the specific needs of our LGBT+ community and promoting equity.
- Promoting our individual and groups’ lived experience is central to how we influence policy, planning and service delivery across geographical Dorset.
- We are here to support, provide constructive feedback and hold to friendly account services.
- We facilitate understanding of and working on the current issues for our LGBT+ community through partnership working and aim to develop diverse individuals, groups and community and voluntary sector organisations to work on LGBTI+ equality
See this page for to find out who we are and what organisations work with us
Who We Are
What We Do
Content coming soon
We are delighted to be publishing recommendations from our coproduction event in April 2022 on perceptions of safety for LGBT+ people in Dorset
Feeling Safe Out in Dorset
Terms of Reference
To provide a space, which is explicitly and unequivocally inclusive of all sexual, romantic and gender identities, in which to understand experiences and issues for LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and other sexual and romantic identities) people and collaborate to improve their equality and inclusion across Dorset, including Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
Research and Information
Website designed by